Friday 20 January 2012

Marhaba!!

Salaams Dar Assadaqa Women's Group!

My name is Rukaiya and I am part of the new group of CADFA volunteers.

We've been here for 2 weeks now and have been so touched by the kindness and generosity shown to us by the people of Abu Dis and especially everybody at Dar Assadaqa. We feel like Abu Dis is quickly becoming a home away from home and thank you so much for making us feel so welcome :D

And I have to quickly mention  one more thing...the FOOD!! I can't believe how good it is! We've been very lucky to have been invited to Naja and Fathea's houses for dinner and man was it amazing! We're looking forward to having some Palestinian cooking lessons so we can share this wonderful food with our friends and family back home...I know my mum will be very happy if I can come back knowing how to cook!

We look forward to meeting you all soon and working on some good stuff together over the next couple of months x

Masalaama

Rukaiya


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I send my love to all the lovely women in Abu Dis, especially Naja, Fathea and Nadia. Annika x

    ReplyDelete